Monday, September 15, 2008

THE NEXT BIG THING!

Heeyyyy all you shoe-aholics! It's been a while, I know, but I'm back and ready to hit you with something so out of this world you won't believe they are shoes. Today I want to introduce you to one of my new and major inspirations, NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD!. Photobucket
This young man inspires me because he takes something normal and flips it to make it his own. The British newcomer's designs graced the spring 2008 runways of Belstaff, Tommy Hilfiger, Basso & Brooke, Doo.Ri, and 3.1 Phillip Lim, all in his first season officially in the game. Kirkwood studied fine art at Central Saint Martins and shoe making at the esteemed Cordwainers cobbler program before starting his own shoe collection out of his home. His emphasis on construction makes his footwear rather recognizable, if not entirely democratic: “They're not for everybody,” Kirkwood said. Only the truly fashion-forward, which is fine with us." Here are some of his off the wall designs which I feel will be a lovely Christmas gift to myself.
1.Photobucket
2.Photobucket
2.Photobucket
4.Photobucket

Looking at these I know I'm not the only one drooling! As always I have a dream and it would be to own these "Star Wars" inspired shoes.
Photobucket

WHERE WOULD I GO IN THESE? WHO KNOWS! I do know that I would find a place just to stand still in them. I hope you shoe-aholics enjoyed this introduction into the future of fun and wearable fashion. Its like the Jetson's met Christian Louboutin and had a baby named Nicholas Kirkwood. I LOVE IT! Until next time....

No comments: